Easiest 5-minute salad to make on a busy day.
Here is the easiest and quickest salad to make on your busiest day. Yes, it’s called a Caprese salad. Here’s how to make it in just 5 minutes:
- 1-2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- A handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella into even, bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange the tomato and mozzarella slices on a plate or platter, alternating between the two.
- Sprinkle the basil leaves over the top of the tomato and mozzarella slices.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
And there you have it, a quick and easy Caprese salad that can be made in just 5 minutes! You can also add a balsamic glaze or reduction for an extra kick of flavor. Enjoy! Brought to you by Food Edmonton and Don Reykdal the chef.